Who Am I Then?
Hey There! I’m Lee and I’m a full-time Wedding Photographer around Cheshire, the UK, and once or twice, the world. I’ve been on this journey for around 10 years now and with over 400 weddings in my portfolio, I feel that it’s time to share some of the knowledge that got me here. I’ve been lucky enough to learn from and work with some other outstanding wedding photographers whos ideas and skills have been adapted by me, which can be passed on to you.
I first started within the world of photography back in 2003 when back in college. My now-wife, studying fashion design, asked for help photographing models for her clothing designs and I was kind of in the middle of a “what do I do with my life moment”. I found an interest in photography and applied to study an Art Foundation course before being accepted onto the BA (Hons) Photography Degree at Manchester Metropolitan University. Graduating in 2007, and again found myself asking “what now?”, I applied to start a teacher training course and prior to being accepted, I started a job in a family portrait studio.
After a few years of family shoots, pets, kids, models, and commercial photography, I was asked to shoot my first wedding in 2010 armed with my trusty Canon 5D and 24-105mm lens. I have to admit when studying I swore off weddings, I wanted to shoot architecture, food, and product photography but after a few weddings, I began to really enjoy them. The moments, emotion, fun, and spontaneity is pretty captivating and of course, job satisfaction was and always will be amazingly rewarding.
What Can I Do For You?
In this fast-paced industry and to succeed, you’ll need to be more than just a photographer. You’ll need empathy, great personal skills, be social media aware, an SEO and content writer king, a fast and efficient photo editor, and live your life between all of this.
It can be a struggle for a lot of photographers and it can be difficult to get good and honest advice on how to take charge of your business regardless of where you are in your journey.
I shoot approximately 50 weddings a year, with most of my work coming from past couples, wedding venues, and online visibility. It’s taken 12 very hard (and expensive) years to get to this point with 2 years alone to get the ball rolling from 2008.
The mentoring is broken down into six modules :
- A breakdown of what equipment I use and find most important for shooting a wedding day from start to finish.
- Flash and useful lighting setups for different scenarios and parts of the wedding day.
- File back up workflows and security.
- A settings comparison for different scenarios both indoors and out.
- Client management, effective fast communication, and wedding day planning advice.
- Editing methods, programs I utilize along with tips and tricks for a fast workflow.
- Gallery presentation plus tips to bring in album and product sales.
Website (Not just for photographers!)
- A full strip-down of your website with suggestions on what to do going forward.
- Advice on pricing and packages.
- A Skype session with shared screens and a walkthrough covering user experience.
- A general overview of your existing portfolio how it flows and how potential couples may view things.
- Suggestions on how to improve, frame, and edit your images.
- Looking at your shooting strengths and how to play to them, finding your niche.
Social Media (Not just for photographers!)
- Tips and suggestions on how to post with impact across multiple sources at once and why it’s not a popularity contest.
- A good look at your subscribed social media channels and broadcasting history.
- Pointers on how to reach out to other suppliers and venues through social media.
Wedding Day Shadowing
- Join me on a full wedding day from morning preparations to the evening party.
- Shoot your own photos with no responsibility and gain a live insight into how I work with natural light and flash.
- No questions are off-limits and I will provide a commentary on my approach to each part of the day.
- A post-wedding debrief along with a review of your taken photos.
Each module is £199 or £999 for all six with all mentoring being strictly confidential.
How Does it work?
Each module lasts approximately 2 hours with the exception of the Wedding Day Shadowing which is a full day. Modules can be carried out over Skype or Facetime but ideally in person. After or in-between each module, I will be available for a catch-up session to go over any questions or assist with anything related to that module. If there are certain areas you’d like me to focus on rather than the options above then send me an email. List the things you need help with and we can go from there.